My previous experience in child care and development has been achieved through child minding, during my own childrens younger years. Watching children develop at different stages was fascinating so it seemed natural to develop my own understanding with further study and training.
I have been the proud owner of the Pre-school since April 1999. We are fortunate to have a strong and loyal staff, many have been with me from the start. It is a delight to work in a setting based in the village where I grew up and now we have moved onto the primary school site , the school I attended many years ago.
It is a joy to work in Early Years, often being the first adults outside the family to support and influence childrens development.
I recently joined the Kent Provider Association Board as the representative for the Ashford District
- Diploma in Pre-School Practice 1998 (Level 3)
- Accredited SENCO training (a cohort of the Early Years Degree)
- Equal opportunities course
- Child Protection Co-ordinator
- Basic learning through play
- Cultures in pre-school
- Management skills
- Science workshops
- Autism / autistic spectrum disorders
- Creativity workshops
- First aid
- Child protection programme
- Study day for Health Protection within pre-school
- SENCO module 1 2 & 3
- Makaton Sign Language
- Sparkle Training (developmental stages, including cognitive tasks, speech and language, physical development, developing the IEP’s)
- Birth to Three (the role of the adult)
- Are you ready for Inspection?
- N.S.P.C.C. child protection programme and the local authority training Modules 1 & 2
- Senco modules 1 2 3 updated January 07
- Improving and developing practise in your setting (K.C.C.)
- Regular 'Inspiration Days' organised for the Leading Practitioners including the ‘High Scope Approach' and 'Using I.C.T. in the setting'
- Leadership and Management
- Safe Guarding Children
- My Unique Story
- Welfare Standards
- EYFS Implications for Practitioners working with 3-5 year olds
- Self Evaluation (OFSTED)
- Leuven Training Diploma
- Module Sign I Say
- Attendance to regular Network Meetings.
- Penn Green training and supporting young families
- Inclusion Conference
- Prevent Duty Training
- Parental Mental Health
- Designated Person, Safeguarding (biannual training)
- Recognising and Preventing FGM V1.3 (Home Office)
- Prevent Duty ( Radicalisation, Sexual Exploitation )
- Hearing Impairment
- Attachment Theory
- SENIF Special Educatrional Needs Inclusion Funding training.
- 30 Hours Free entitilement seminars.
- Data Protection and Human Rights
- Difficult Relationships and Conflict