Ed Pont BA (Hons)
Ed joined us at St Michaels Pre-school September 2019.
As a qualified Primary school teacher with a Degree in English, Ed has often visited the setting for story telling during his childrens' time with us.
We were delighted to welcome Ed and knew that he would bring a new dynamic to our provision. Ed enjoys his role as house parent being involved in all aspects of his childrens development and as a part time tutor he is well versed in safeguarding policy and practise.
During the period of Covid 19 lockdown , Ed has been immersed in video productions for the childrens online accounts. His story telling has kept families engaged in their childrens journals.as they await the next one.
Ed has recently passed his Level 3 qualification in Early Years (EYE)
- English BA (Hons)
- NVQ 3 Health and Safety
- Introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Online Prevent Duty
- Paediatric First Aid
- Child Protection
- Children's Behaviour as a Communication
- Understanding Sensory Processing Disorder
- Misunderstood Defiance
- The Prime Importance of communication and language in the EYFS
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Early Years Making Sense of Autism 2023
E-Learning through the COVID-19 Lockdown
- Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning
- Understanding and Addressing Behaviour